FireChao Forums
Poliwager and PF! - Printable Version

+- FireChao Forums (http://forums.firechao.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Coding & The Web (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Advertising (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Poliwager and PF! (/showthread.php?tid=222)

Poliwager and PF! - Slix - 07-17-2010 08:49 PM

Poliwager and Poliwager Forums (PF) are run by me!
Poliwager is the main site, which has a bunch of pages about different Pokemon games, and PF is a great place to hang out and chat with other Pokemon fans!

I hope you check my site out and maybe give me some feedback!

RE: Poliwager and PF! - Will - 07-18-2010 02:29 PM

Wow, I do like that site. Your layout and colour scheme are great and the content is fairly brilliant too. I was looking through the source and I noticed that you link to things using ../hgss/walker.shtml, it would be better to start with a slash, instead of the sort of ellipsis. Then use a path to the file from the server root. They're less likely to break and stuff if you do that...

Other than that it's fairly brilliant.

RE: Poliwager and PF! - firechao - 07-18-2010 04:22 PM

it's not a massive deal, will - most people don't shuffle heir pages around into various directories Tongue

anyway, I think your site's great as well Cheery are you looking for affiliates?

RE: Poliwager and PF! - Slix - 07-18-2010 04:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I recently did the ../'s, and it works out fine because I only have my pages one folder up from the domain, like the hgss ones. I tried the / thing and it only worked for some stuff, notably not the include file for the title and such.

Actually, I might be soon. I have a few on PF, but none for the actual site, so when I get back home, I can maybe set that up, if you want. PM me. Wink

RE: Poliwager and PF! - Will - 07-18-2010 06:14 PM

Yeah.. okay.. I know it's just me. I'm insane. But yes, great site.

RE: Poliwager and PF! - Mystic - 08-01-2010 12:51 PM

It's probably me you should be blaming - I encouraged Will to start linking from the server root and I also advocate having folders for sections.

As for the site itself, dark blue isn't a colour that I normally think of when making a website (or any time at all), but you've made it work surprisingly well. It's good to see a site with so many pages, and I expect I'll be finding it very useful. Keeping different colours for visited and unvisited links is a nice touch, although I think it would be better if the links are slightly lighter so they have more contrast with the background colour.

RE: Poliwager and PF! - firechao - 08-01-2010 07:06 PM

I agree about the links - compared to the pure white of the text, they're very faint...